Jack LaLanne – Blog. Mr. LaLanne, I barely knew you. I’ve only watched your Power Juicer infomercial, but just by watching it, I could sense you were a gentleman and a role model without those unnecessary but unavoidable flaws you take for granted from the new celebrities.
Your role in the 20th century american pop culture was to raise fitness awareness just as the same time people was being “freed” from the need of physical labor, always in a greater (and nocive) degree. By preaching by example and by hard work, you achieved well-deserved notoriousness and celebrity.
Mr. LaLanne, you passed away yesterday, and I’m far away from the ideal you offered, but I can’t help saluting you today.
96 well-lived years.
- Jack LaLanne, fitness and health food icon, dies at 96 (boingboing.net)
- Jack LaLanne’s Son — I’m Taking Over the Family Biz (tmz.com)
- Jack LaLanne, Fitness Guru, Passes Away at 96 (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- San Francisco Restaurant Honors Jack LaLanne (sfist.com)
- R.I.P. Old Healthy Guy In Better Shape Than Most Of Us (withleather.uproxx.com)
- Jack Lalanne fitness Godfather died at 96 (freddyo.com)