Here are the four iron laws of information:
• Cheap information always chases out expensive information.
• Disorder always increases.
• Profit always flows to the least regulated company or market.
• Laws 1-3 always operate simultaneously on any organization.
(from Francis McInerney and Sean White)
How to write a succesful press release:
Golden Rule 1: Make sure it’s News
Golden Rule 2: The Essential 5 Ws
Include the 5 Ws.
Golden Rule 3: Strip Out Superlatives
Golden Rule 4: Personalise the Release to the Target Media
Golden Rule 5: Lay it Out Professionally
- New Rules of Press Release Writing (publicitystuntinc.wordpress.com)
- From the Archives: How to Ace Your Next Media Interview. (dancurtis.ca)
- How to Promote Existing Content (or Failed Linkbaits) (wiep.net)