This is plain insane.
Is this how the smartest guys in Hollywood think? The Spider-Man trilogy barely started 10 years ago, and will get the “gritty reboot” treatment. Stan Lee, where are you? We already know where your greed is. And now, the successful Nolan “Dark Knight” trilogy will be ditched in a few years to make room for another restart? Frank Miller’s material was pretty good stuff to start with, and Christopher Nolan raised the bar pretty high with the second installment of the series, but who is going to buy the new reboot?
Why are these restarts necessary? I mean, Spider Man is not my cup of tea, but the original movies were critical successes and box office triumphs. We might be witnessing the consequences dragged by the ADHD generation, always in need to find something new and stimulating. Internet might turn us into ADHD kids as well, but there’s still no reason to believe that the move execs are making good moves with the new reboots.
You can almost imagine the dollars burning up in the screen…
- TIGHTS: ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Credits, ‘Goon’ Updates, ‘Spider-Man’ Endorsement (splashpage.mtv.com)
- Will Batman Die In ‘Dark Knight Rises’? (splashpage.mtv.com)
- Superhero Bits: Green Arrow, The Avengers, Dark Knight Rises, Amazing Spider-Man, Deadpool (slashfilm.com)
- ‘Amazing Spider-Man’: Official Synopsis, Character Bios, & New Images (screenrant.com)
- Movie Franchises’ Reboots? Looks more like a perennial Sisyphus-style do-over (paulmarsic.wordpress.com)