Brief (and candid) comments [on the New Party], because I’m in a rush, and don’t want to delay.
1. Am I a member? Yes.
2. Do I think it’s a constructive idea? Yes.
3. Is it just a “reform movement within capitalism“? Yes.
4. Am I against capitalism? Yes.
5. Is there a contradiction between 3 and 4? No.
6. How is the New Party different from liberalism? Hard to answer without some clarification. If by “liberalism” is meant the Democratic Party, it is plainly different from liberalism. If what is meant is some kind of social democratic version of state capitalism, presumably not — at least now, though the project is one that has a possible evolution in mind, and in prospect, I think.
- Noam Chomsky Has ‘Never Seen Anything Like This’ (3quarksdaily.com)
- Figures. Barack Obama Pushed Redistribution at Historic Democrat Socialists of America Town Hall Meeting (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Obama Caught Lying Again: He Was Member Of The Socialist ‘New Party’ (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Obama Belonged to Radical Socialist “New Party” in 1996 (thenewamerican.com)
- Obama Caught Lying Again: He Was Member of Socialist ‘New Party,’ Says Kurtz (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s data advantage (politico.com)
- Obama just caught in big lie? (wnd.com)
- Busted! Obama Headlined A Democrat Socialists Of America Event In 1996 (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Deconstructing Obama: A Compendium (crockettlives.wordpress.com)
- Noam Chomsky: What next for Occupy? (guardian.co.uk)